Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Moments that take your breath away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHodOymqfss&feature=related

Click on the link- listen to the song..every time I get in the car this song comes on the radio.  I sing along, and I listen to the words.  And the more I listen, the more I realize that there is a message in this song for me.  It's telling me to look around, to hug my kids, to take a walk, to breathe deep.  Most of all it's telling me to slow down and appreciate all that is around me.






When I was a kid, there were lots of days when I rode my horse to this pond.  It's on our farm, and it has been neglected, no longer needed by livestock.  On my 54th birthday, I left my house and walked over to the pond.  After sitting for a while, shooting some pictures, and walking off into the woods for a few minutes, I came back to this spot.  It reminded me how simple this pleasure used to be for me, and that it still was.  It didn't look like it did back then, but it  brought all the thoughts and memories back..

I was with my daughter when my granddaughter was born, and I was with my father when he died.   Both moments won't be forgotten.  I was at all of my children's band concerts, ball games, cried at all the graduations, kindergarten to high school,  and went to as many field trips as I could..I wouldn't trade these moments for anything..slow down, love your friends and family, and remember the times that took your breath away.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I just came across your blog from the link on the Nashville Photography Meetup Group. I will be catching up on your other posts and then following for your new updates.

    ReplyDelete