Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Five Senses

The strangest thing happened to me today. I was laying in my lounge chair in the yard, reading "The Notebook" for the third or fourth time. As always, the songbirds were flying around over the trees. I saw a crow coming toward me, flying low..everything was quiet..and for the first time in my memory, I heard the sound of his (or her) wings flapping as it flew over. It was amazing! Freedom means a lot, and there was a sound to it! Wow, how amazing!

Saturday, while out shooting with a friend, we spotted a bald eagle sitting on the top of a dead tree next to Watts Bar Lake. We watched as the majestic bird rose above the trees and over the ridge. No sound, but the sight was amazing!

To see a beautiful flower, to touch the soft petals, to smell the fragrance is putting many of these senses together. The taste of a wonderful new dish you have never tasted - the way it smells as you put the fork in your mouth..

And then there is the sound of nature, and the flapping of wings!

Behind the camera the senses are amplified. Taking the photo as you see it allows you hear the waterfalls, the animals, the car or motorcycle. It allows you to smell the flowers, taste the food, or touch the fuzzy baby chick that stopped to pose. And with your eyes, you see the world in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment